Monitor Audio C265-IDC
RX technologies for ceiling installation. Features a 6.5-inch C-CAM® bass driver and a pivoting IDC module, housing a 4-inch C-CAM RST® inverted midrange driver and a 1-inch C-CAM gold dome tweeter. True 3-way design provides rich midrange detail, higher system output, greater power handling, and superior vocal intelligibility and sound localisation. Optimum imaging and set-up are established via the pivoting IDC, high frequency (+3dB /0dB / -3dB) level adjustment, and boundary compensation (on / off) controls.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM RST profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Timbre-match with RS-CP in-ceiling/wall and Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- All models are paint-able to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- All models use fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- All models are splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
The in-ceiling and in-wall LCR models employ a unique pivoting Inverted Dual Concentric midrange/tweeter module offering up to 18 degrees of play. This allows for the speakers to be discreetly positioned and the sound to be directed toward the listening zone by pivoting the IDC driver module to maximize performance. With the IDC module installed, these architectural speakers become true 3-way designs, offering superior performance and flexibility over typical 2-way or fixed angle speakers.
Within the proprietary IDC module an inverted 4" midrange driver provides superior dispersion while enabling the midrange cone and tweeter dome assembly to be set as far forward as possible, allowing a clear acoustic 'sighting' of the desired listening zone and reducing undesirable diffraction effects. It's impossible to avoid diffraction effects from conventional two-way designs, which locate the bass driver 75mm (3") to 150mm (6") behind the speaker grille.
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
Ceramic-Coated Aluminium/Magnesium is a material originally developed by the aerospace industry for jet engine components. Its properties are ideal for loudspeaker cones being extremely rigid, yet light enough to yield high overall efficiency. In manufacture, aluminium/magnesium alloy undergoes a three-stage stress-relieving process to remove surface deformation and molecular weakness. Once formed, the alloy cone is subjected to a high temperature anodic coating process in which a layer of pure ceramic alumina is depleted onto its surfaces to a depth of 50 microns, producing a completely rigid sandwich of alloy and heat-dissipating ceramic material.
Conventional cones are liable to flex or twist in operation, producing a significant level of audible distortion. C-CAM cones have a much higher resistance to bending stress and therefore exhibit much greater fidelity over their entire operating range. C-CAM tweeters and woofers share an audible consistency producing a smooth transition of frequencies and a sense of realism and cohesion in the soundstage.
|Packaged Weight (Kg)||4.0000|
|Frequency Response||60 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Impedance (Nominal)||6 ohms|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||88.5 dB|
|Maximum SPL||108 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||85 W|
|Recommended Amp||20 - 85 W|
|Drivers Unit Complement||6.5” C-CAM® cone bass driver, pivoting IDC module housing: 4” C-CAM® RST® inverted mid range driver 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter|
|Adjustment Controls||HF Level Switch ( +3dB / 0dB / -3dB ) Boundary Compensation Switch|
|Fixing Type||3 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings|
|Construction Material||Mineral Filled ABS Plastic (UL V0 Fire Retardent, RoHS2 Compliant)|
|Warranty||5 years return to base.|