Active Optical Ultra High Speed Cable with Active Optical FilterTM Technology
QED HDMI Guarantee
Renowned for their ability to do more than any other manufacture, QED has won more What Hi-fi? Awards than any other single audio brand. No matter the length, no compromise is made to the high standard of signal transfer that you expect. All QED cables support the latest HDMI standard confirmed by Authorised Test Centre reports.
Longer cables require smarter solutions
To create longer cables, QED Ultra High Speed Active Optical TechnologyTM came into play. This technology uses just four optical fibers, creating the advantage of being unaffected by losses or timing variances expected of longer cables. Although agreeable that this can have its limitations, even much longer HDMI cables can be usefully produced before losses begin to have an adverse effect.
- The image below shows that at the 48 Gb/s data rate demanded by HDMI 2.1 even a 100 m fiber would still have a perfectly readable data stream.
As long as 20m
Ordinary optical cables fall short with cables relying on remaining copper cores, with vital control and data information including CED and DDC needing to be transmitted over these lines along with the Enhanced Audio return channel. An advantage of QED’s Ultra High Speed Active Optical TechnologyTM is its ability to to perform at the 48 Gb/s data rate with all the necessary attendant data and control signals demanded by HDMI 2.1 in lengths up to 20 m. With fully certificated HDMI cables tested at an Authorised Test Centre and compliant with HDCP 2.2 and with full CEC, DDC, HDR, HEC and eARC compatibility, these cables have earnt their official stamp of approval.
With their Ultra High Speed Certification Program stickers, these labels guarantee that the HDMI cable will deliver the maximum compressed video resolution of up to 10K at 120 Hz*, Dynamic HDR and Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), without exception, regardless of what brand or combination of HDMI 2.1 compatible equipment is being used.
- For some reassurance, just scan the QR code on the label using the official HDMI app for authenticity of the QED Ultra Speed Active Optical HDMI cable.
QED cables have been tested to EN 50575:2014 by a recognized product certification body and have been given a Reaction to Fire Class CCA designation. This means that both the Low Smoke Zero Halogen jacket and the internal components are all fully compliant with the latest regulations covering cables for general applications in construction works subject to reaction to fire requirements which are now in force throughout the UK and EU area.
Summary of Features
- Full Compliance with 8K@ 60 Hz 4:2:0 uncompressed resolutions
*Display Stream Compression for resolutions up to 10K @120 (4:2:2)
- Data can be transferred at rates up to 48 Gb/s
- HDMI 2.1 Standard: EDID, CEC, HDCP (2.2), HDR+ (High Dynamic Range), HEC, eARC compatible
- HDMI 2.0/HDMI 1.4b backward compatible
- Dual video streams can be delivered to compatible displays
- Up to 8 PCM channels, DTS-HD Master and Dolby Digital True HD surround sound audio is supported
- Multi-stream audio to up to four users
- OM3 fiber technology greatly reduces EMI/RFI emissions
- Plug and Play, no external power is required
- Designed with triple-shielding to protect against interference and promote optimal signal quality
- Zinc-alloy HDMI connectors for enhanced durability and performance
- Hybrid construction utilizes both fiber and copper
- Extended temperature range from -40° to 70°C for installations in harsh environments or manufacturing floors
- LSZH Jackets comply with Reaction to Fire Class Cca –s1, d0
- Has high pulling strength and compression load
- Source & Display clearly printed on the connector for easy identification
|Certification||Ultra High Speed|