Monitor Audio C165
Radius HD technologies for ceiling installation. Incorporating a 6.5-inch MMP®II bass driver with Monitor Audio’s signature C-CAM® gold dome tweeter to provide high performance sound, ease-of-drive, and wide frequency response and dispersion. Optimum imaging and set-up are established via a pivoting tweeter and high-frequency (+3dB / 0dB /-3dB) level adjustment.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (3dB).
- Audio match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate 10 and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip® fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Magnetic and easily removable steel grille.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. Additional scrim material is provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
The gold dome tweeter is formed from a ceramic-coated aluminium/magnesium alloy, gold anodised to a specific thickness for ideal stiffness and damping characteristics. Its new profile and surround geometry have been developed using advanced modelling tools, to provide the optimum qualities for accurate sound reproduction. The new design moves the first order of breakup to beyond 35kHz, producing a linear response way beyond audibility, which matches the wide frequency bandwidth available from HD music and cinema sound formats.
The gold dome is thinner, lighter, more rigid and therefore more efficient than domes made from other materials which are prone to distortion in the audio band.
Metal Matrix Polymer driver cones have a polypropylene base loaded with metallic particles to offer a rigid and responsive structure. They are manufactured using a sophisticated high-pressure injection process, which modulates cone thickness at critical points to optimise stiffness and consistency, resulting in a superior sonic performance.
|Packaged Weight (Kg)||3.5000|
|Frequency Response||60 Hz - 25 kHz|
|Impedance (Nominal)||6 ohms|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M)||88.5 dB|
|Maximum SPL||107.4 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||65 W|
|Recommended Amp||20 - 65 W|
|Drivers Unit Complement||6.5” MMP®II cone bass driver 1” C-CAM® pivoting gold dome tweeter|
|Adjustment Controls||HF Level Switch ( +3dB / 0dB / -3dB )|
|Fixing Type||3 position Tri-Grip® dog leg fixings|
|Construction Material||Mineral Filled ABS Plastic (UL V0 Fire Retardent, RoHS2 Compliant)|
|Warranty||5 years return to base.|