The Silver W-12’s over-specified driver assembly employs a hugely powerful magnet system and massive voice coil to deliver immense power from the compact sealed cabinet. A heavy-duty diecast basket not only holds the massive system rigidly together, but also assists thermal sinking to keep the driver cool.
For the Silver W-12 subwoofer Monitor Audio specified a 500-watt Class-D amplifier and power-supply module from highly-regarded amplifier specialist Hypex; this provides incredible headroom and utilises advanced switch-mode power conversion techniques. A powerful DSP has been employed to deliver the best performance and filter characteristics, while running the unique APC (Automatic Position Correction) system. The APC is a completely in-house development, designed to automatically correct for room modes. It uses a microphone and test tones to calculate detrimental room modes and correct frequency response, optimising it for the room and position. This is a simple and quick automated process that is a complete revelation to the installer and ensures the user can enjoy the subwoofer quality without positioning restrictions.
At the heart of the Silver W-12 lies a sophisticated 32-bit micro-controller, monitoring performance thousands of times per second, ensuring the system can deliver the best possible bass. It will never become over-driven or distorted, even at maximum power.
- Ultra long-throw 12-inch driver featuring ‘dished’ C-CAM cone
- Triple suspension for ultimate linearity ensuring control at high power and excursions
- Oversized black anodised 3-inch voice coil which provides high power-handling and low distortion
- Powerful 500 W RMS Class-D amplifier with switching power supply provides instantaneous delivery of high current when required
- DSP processing with all control features and crossover performed digitally
- Automatic Position Correction plus automatic room setup feature using microphone for simple system optimisation
- USB for firmware updates
- Three preset EQ mode settings (Music, Movie, Impact)
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 120Hz|
|Amplifier Power Output||500 W continuous|
|Drivers Unit Complement||1 x 12" C-CAM subwoofer driver featuring triple suspension and 3" long throw voice coil|
|Power Supply||110 – 120 Vac / 220 – 240 Vac 50/60 Hz (Electronically Auto selected)|
|Power Usage||400 W / 0.5 W in Standby (ErP approved)|
|Width (mm)||340 mm|
|Depth (mm)||410 mm|
|Height (mm)||370 mm|
|Weight (Kg)||20.1 kg|
|Warranty||5 years return to base.|
|Boxed Weight (Kg)||25.000000|