The Radius 270 houses a precision-crafted Radius driver system of twin 100mm (4”) C-CAM® mid/bass drivers and a 25mm (1”) C-CAM tweeter. Pair with the 225 or 200 for scintillating home theatre audio, or with the 380/390 sub in a discreet two-channel system.
- 4" C-CAM bass driver - Radius features bass drivers with concave cone profiles, introduced by our top-of-the-range Platinum speakers and applied subsequently to Gold GX. Extensive research and FEA modelling have allowed us to perfect the relationship between the radiating diaphragm and its motor design, introducing larger motor sizes and voice coils for increased excursion, higher power capability and reduced distortion.
- C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter - optimised to deliver the finest and widest performance within the compact Radius cabinets. It benefits from a more efficient rear-venting design, releasing air trapped and compressed at the back of the tweeter dome, and guiding it around the drive assembly to a rear-loading chamber.
- HiVe II port design - Straight from Platinum’s design blueprint, the HiVe reflex port makes its Radius debut. It’s shaped to have the same effect on airflow as a gun-barrel on a bullet. Rifled grooves inside the port help to accelerate the flow and reduce turbulence, so air moves in and out of the port more efficiently, for a faster more dynamic bass response.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front and rear ported reflex design
|Frequency Response||60Hz – 35kHz|
|Impedance (Nominal)||8 ohms|
|Maximum SPL||110.1 dBA|
|Power Handling (RMS)||150 watts - 80Hz@12dB/Octave|
|Recommended Amp||40 -150 watts|
|Drivers Unit Complement||2 x 4" (100 mm) C-CAM cone bass/mid driver 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter|
|Weight (Kg)||9.9 Kg|
|Boxed Weight (Kg)||18.0000|
|Box Length (cm)||30.0000|
|Box Width (cm)||30.0000|
|Box Height (cm)||30.0000|